Ruby on Rails/OOP engineer needed for full time role
Viri Technology is seeking a mid to senior level, full stack RoR software engineer for a long term role in the DT Seattle area. This is the best blend of small, startup like company that is established with a 25+ year track record. You get the vibe of a small team, with the stability and company maturity that comes with an established tech client.
If you have a passion for creating scalable, elegant solutions as a true software engineer, that happens to love Ruby, read on!
You resemble the following:
- 5+ years of full stack, OOP expertise, primarily with Ruby on Rails
- Python chops would be interesting; they use that for some of their scripting/app development
- Be a collaborative, communicative developer! If you are someone that would rather work a 5 year government contract that is a "clock in, clock out, collect my paycheck" type of engineer, this is not the role for you. We want candidates with a positive "fire" in their belly to make an impact, own a product, and take pride in developing something new and creative.
- You have fun at work, you do your best to "level up" the team and you are able to check your ego at the door and want to learn something new. You love being around other smart people and making an impact.
Nice to haves
· An eye for design and ability to produce pixel-perfect apps from high-fidelity designs
· Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Redis
· Proficiency in at least one other modern programming language (Python, Java, Go, C/C++, Scala)
· DevOps experience with AWS and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
Benefits And Perks
· Competitive compensation package
· Great medical, dental and vision benefits
· IRA with company matching
· Generous vacation time
· Friday team lunches
· Commuter subsidy
If you feel qualified and interested in this immediate, long term opportunity, let's chat! Chris Bloomquist, Partner at Viri Technology has direct ties to the manager, and can speak directly to the office culture, environment, etc to give you fantastic insight and interview preparation. He's also a former embedded dev, so he knows the SDLC well.
Let's make this great opportunity happen today!