Melissa Data is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer for our Seattle-area office to help expand our global address products.
This interesting and challenging position requires top flight coding skills, a solid understanding of software design principles, well-developed system thinking skills, and a helpful, can-do attitude.
You will use these skills to expand the data processing capabilities for our core global address productsm refining existing data processing infrastructure and expand capabilities by adding new features and functions. You will be part of the team that is developing Melissa Data's global address products, including the ecosystem of utilities and processes that support their development.
Use your Java coding skills to add new data processing features to our cluster-based data build systems and to create tools and utilities to solve the data manipulation problems faced by the global product development team.
Working closely with group leads you will help spur innovation in the development/configuration/QA processes that enable ongoing expansion of the Melissa Data's family of global address products.
In addition to the skills listed above, the requirements for this job include:
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• 5+ years writing back end systems in Java
• Proven ability to exercise technical judgment to set work priorities
• Proven ability to make consistent progress on problems with moderate levels of ambiguity
Additional experience in these areas will be helpful:
• 2+ years writing software in C++ or C
• 1+ year experience doing data cleansing work
• Experience developing software on both Windows and Linux platforms
• Experience with Eclipse IDE
• Ability to do basic data manipulation in a SQL database
Founded in 1985, Melissa Data is a leading provider of solutions for address and phone number validation, postal coding, data enhancements and sales leads. A powerful line of software, databases, programming tools, and hygiene services has made Melissa Data a recognized leader in the data quality industry.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid holidays and personal time off
• Easy access to I-5 in the Lynnwood/Alderwood Mall area
• SUBMIT your resume in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
• No phone calls or recruiters please.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
No remote applicants will be considered.