ActX, Inc., a leader in the cutting-edge field of genetics technology, is currently expanding its technology team! We are building highly scalable, reliable systems running in a secure cloud. Our unique DevOps environment employs innovative new processes that assist everyone's productivity.
We're seeking a full-time Systems Administrator with excellent Linux skills, true programming and scripting talent, and the ability to learn new technologies quickly. This full time position offers a competitive compensation package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401(k), pre-tax commuter plan, and stock options.
• College Degree in a related field, or comparable educational experience
• **Significant** Linux experience
• 2 years experience as a **System Administrator** which includes maintaining and troubleshooting
systems and networks, and managing a 24x7 web service infrastructure
• Automation experience in scripting languages (Bash / Python / Ruby )
• Demonstrated experience with configuration platforms, preferably Chef
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to "own" an issue and follow it
through to resolution
• Positive attitude that fosters productivity in a team setting
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Availability to work extended hours and on-call support, as needed to maintain a 24x7 environment
• Lives in the greater Seattle area
• Experience with Amazon AWS or other cloud systems
• Experience with Development tools such as Git
Above all, we're looking for the right fit for our DevOps team! If you meet our criteria and you're looking for a great opportunity with an industry leader, email your cover letter and resume today.