The IRIS DMC is looking for a qualified Linux Systems Administrator (SysAdmin) to join our team. The SysAdmin will be responsible for hardware installations, upgrades, and maintenance of associated equipment for IRIS Data Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support and maintain the existing Linux infrastructure for the IRIS Data Services Facilities
• Management of hardware requisitions and disk storage infrastructure
• Maintains network security
• Keeps current regarding knowledge of organization's business applications
• Maintains software licenses and renewal requests
• Maintains Auxiliary Data Center infrastructure located at the Lawrence Livermore National Lab, CA, and insures failover capabilities
• Other related duties may be assigned
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of experience with systems and applications relevant to IRIS such as Apache, Tomcat, CentOS, VMware, etc.
• Experience with UNIX and MacOS Systems
• Working knowledge of networking systems such as load balancers, firewalls, switching, etc.
• Working knowledge of monitoring software such as Nagios, etc.
• Working knowledge of enterprise storage systems such as NetApp and Hitachi, including ZFS
• Demonstrated programming and scripting skills with ability to automate routine tasks using csh, Perl, Python, Java, etc.
IRIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs at iris.washington.edu by September 14, 2018. This position will remain open until filled.