Entrepreneurial Web Developer & 1/3 Business Owner
Eco travel company start-up seeking our third partner: A developer with a passion for entrepreneurship as well as nature and sustainability.
We combine the culture of a startup with the experience and expertise of a combined 30 years in the sales and marketing sector of the adventure and expedition travel industry.
We are smart, innovative and collaborative; we think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We live in the Pacific Northwest and work remotely.
If you're experienced and skilled, professional, creative, entrepreneurial, kind, and environmentally-minded, we'd love to hear from you. You will be joining a team of two dynamic women to lead and manage back and front-end development on our advanced travel sales and marketing web application. As a third business owner, your job will require you to spearhead our web-based design and applications and manage any additional fellow technical team member. You will work closely with marketing and sales to support client acquisition efforts requiring technological resources such as sophisticated web pages, blog, landing pages and campaign needs.
These are essential to success in this role:
- 5+ years experience developing web-based applications in production environments
- Experience working with designers cutting up layouts to implement pixel perfect pages
- Experience with responsive layout and design
- Familiarity with website optimization techniques
- Entrepreneurial, highly innovative, creative and self-starter
- Strong visual design sense and appreciation for development with a client experience focus
- Clear communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with marketing and sales teams
- Positive energy and great sense of humor
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship.
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Experience with social media interfaces and related analytical tools
- Familiarity with SEO and how it affects implementation
Focus on the Client: We understand our clients well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day
Planet First: We are environmentally minded and guided, we consider our impact on our planet first and work to reduce and minimize our impact.