We are a consulting firm, looking for a Back-end engineer (Python3) join us to onsite working with our client at Centennial. We are ONLY considering local candidate, No Offshore, No Remote.
We are a team of applied researchers, data scientists and software developers tasked with identifying new opportunities and transforming new ideas into real, tangible proofs of concept. Our mission, as an R&D group, is to improve the value of Pearson products, services and processes with innovations in machine intelligence. The position provides the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge research on a cross-functional, AI-driven team to push the boundaries of what's possible in education and have an impact on millions of learners around the globe.
We are seeking a versatile back-end web developer with experience in RESTful API development and production deployment in Python.
You are self-motivated, and enjoy developing rough ideas into high quality user experiences. You value collaborating with a team with a wide range of interests. You are excited by learning new technologies, and you also enjoy teaching new technologies to others. You enjoy participating in hands-on collaborative design sessions and expressing your designs with the group during iterative whiteboarding sessions. You can function and thrive in a rapidly changing R&D environment.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Develop RESTful APIs that provide access to cutting edge algorithms using a microservice architecture.
- Develop unit, integration, and load tests for RESTful APIs to ensure they will perform as expected
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team and with stakeholders to build functional prototypes leading to new products and businesses.
Required Skill sets:
Python 3 (standard library, flask, pymongo, pip, unit testing)
- Software Design (OOD, Design Patterns)
- Git (branching, merging, etc.)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferred)
- Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS
- Web Application Development (HTTP, REST, Deployment, DevOps)
- Amazon EC2 (EC2, S3, VPC, Amazon Console)
Nice to have:
NOTE: NO Offshore and NO Remote