Kwusen Research & Media works with Indigenous communities in Canada to conduct research on traditional knowledge and land use. Our participatory approach emphasizes community capacity building to engage Indigenous communities in researching their own traditions and land use. In order to support communities in managing their land use data and abundant consultations from industry and government, we have developed a mapping, data management, and referrals tracking and response system, the Community KnowledgeKeeper (CKK). To learn more about our company, go to kwusen.com. To learn more about our software tool, Community KnowledgeKeeper, go to knowledgekeeper.ca.
Job Duties include:
• Work with back-end developers and tech leads, based out of Vancouver, to architect new
features and evaluate scope
• Investigate and report on new technologies, plugins, and extensions in order to collaborate
with back-end developers
• Building promotional websites with a standard CMS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Other combination of education, experience and/or training may be considered.
• Experience working with React, Angular or similar framework
• Experience working with REST Web API development and integration
• Experience with test driven development methodologies and tools (for example mocha and
• Advanced front-end technologies like ES6 and wasm (web assembly)
• Experience with Leaflet or similar mapping technologies
• Experience working in a development environment working to create a digital product from
start to finish
• Graphic design/visual design or UI Skills are essential
• Experience working remotely from your team
• Experience conducting thorough Quality Assurance and reporting
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
Please provide a cover letter, to the attention of Towagh Behr, in addition to a curriculum vitae and three references to email@example.com. Please cite "Front-end Web Developer" as the subject line. Only applications submitted by September 14th, 2018 will be considered. For any questions regarding the position, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwusen is committed to respecting diversity within our workforces and specifically to increasing the number of Indigenous employees within our organization. As a result, we encourage all Indigenous applicants to self-identify in our recruitment and staffing processes and preference may be given to these applicants.