Senior Scala Engineer for SF Startup, Java/Python exp ok, Remote
Senior Scala Engineer for SF Startup, Java or Python background ok, Remote role
The San Francisco Chronicle voted us one of the top 20 small businesses to work for in 2018!
A few things to know about us:
* We have egalitarian and transparent values
* We are open, inclusive and empathetic people
* We are all very focused on self-improvement
Culture is very important at Iterable, and we value working alongside driven people who share our values of :
* Growth Mindset
We're happy to elaborate on what these mean to us, and how these values might help foster your growth; personally and professionally.
We are proud to celebrate diversity at Iterable. We know that the more diverse our teams are, the better we will be as an organization. So far this year, we've celebrated the Lunar New Year with a Chinese banquet, sponsored a team visit to the Museum of the African Diaspora for Black History Month, and hosted a Women in Leadership Q&A panel for Women's History Month. Upcoming events include an international potluck lunch and attending a San Francisco Giants baseball game on LGBTQ Night.
We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture and are excited to hear more about what is important to you in your next position.
Who is Iterable ?
Iterable is the growth marketing and user engagement platform. Our mission is to enable B2C marketers, giving them access to the growing marketing and user engagement tools built at companies like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter's early success. We've raised over $30M from investors like Index Ventures and CRV and hundreds of companies like AT&T, MLB, Zillow, Box, FabFitFun, and ASICS rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
The mission of Product teams at Iterable is to provide direct value to our customers by designing, implementing and maintaining features for the Iterable platform. Product teams build the entire experience of the Iterable platform, including the API, the UI, the workflow engines, campaign managers, reporting and analytics, and more.
Product teams are composed of both front-end engineers and full-stack engineers, and work closely with Product Managers and Designers to both understand what problems need solving, as well as collaborate on creative solutions that meet and exceed expectations. The composition of product teams makes them self-sufficient so that they are able to collaborate and deliver work autonomously.
This opportunity is exciting because:
* The Iterable application is mature, complex, distributed and highly scalable software. You'll have an impact in evolving it's architecture as we grow the team and scale our customer base.
* We love what we do and our culture reflects that
* Our growing list of clients if full of household names you'd easily recognize
* You'll work actively with Scala and the Play framework.
* You'll work with very large ElasticSearch clusters and so much more
* Iterable was built from the ground up with scalability in mind, and you'll get to work on taking it to the next level.
* You'll participate in code review and ship code on a daily basis.
Technical Tools and abilities include:
* Scala, Java, and Python experience is okay with a commitment to Scala
* Play framework
* Postgres, RabbitMQ, and Redis
* Akka, Spark, Kafka Streams
* Bash scripting and Unix-based systems
* Our front end is being transitioned from AngularJS to React. In this role, you are encouraged to make minor changes to the front end.
You're a great fit for this role if you:
* Continuously want to teach and learn.
* Are a clear communicator and collaborate well in a team setting.
* Have experience building and scaling web applications.
* Have experience with distributed systems.
* Are able to own back-end of an app, and make minor contributions to the front-end.
* Understand the importance of an incident retrospective and can't wait to learn root causes.
* Know the effects of noisy alerts and work hard to minimize pager fatigue.
* Have dealt with system outages, and can help remain grounded and focused to come to resolution.
Pay and Perks
* Salary 130-160k
* Strong Equity
* 100% health care coverage for the employee, plus dental, vision, and life
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible vacation policy
* Daily lunch
* Wellness allowance
* Professional development allowance
* Paid parental leave
* Phone reimbursement
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.