WHO WE ARE
Kerkhoff Technologies Inc. is a multi-faceted and global technology company based near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Our team of 15 offers expertise in network support, Linux consulting, and application development. We are seeking a Senior Level Technician to join our team. If you are experienced in this area with a desire to work in a growing and exciting company, this could be a great opportunity.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT YOU
You are a highly professional individual who is passionate about helping people succeed. You love rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You are committed to the process of creating environments in which people can thrive in their work. You are motivated and tenacious when it comes to achieving your goals. You are looking to be part of a team with a vision to create something greater together than anyone of us could create alone.
WHO YOU ARE
Your passion is to help others and always be constantly learning. You aren’t daunted by something you haven’t done before – you’ll research it and seek guidance until you figure it out. You like to be a part of close team where you can have an enjoyable work environment and learn from others experience. You believe that clients want to work with trusted partners and are prepared to pay for an amazing experience. You think and can work independently, but you can take direction and work quickly yet smartly to job completion.
You have an attention for detail and doing the job well the first time. You follow existing processes and procedures and will suggest ways to improve them.
At home, you probably have extra computers and other devices where you are constantly learning and playing with technology.
- Windows Systems Administration
- Proactive support for clients such as patch management, desktop optimization, monitoring, data backup, and other preventative maintenance
- Network administration - implementing best practices, building and running checklists, creating reports
- Support all manner of end user devices such as desktops, printers, smart phones, and more
- Documentation in our wiki
- Network administration and monitoring - design and implement networks using best practices, building and running checklists, and creating reports
- Using remote support software to control remote Windows systems and perform your magic to solve problems
- Assisting systems engineers as required, and mentor future new hires
- Keeping projects and tickets up to date in our ConnectWise service platform
- Desktop phone and email support using our ticket system
- Onsite support
Tech Tools We Use
- Solarwinds N-Central RMM, Connectwise
- Screen Connect, Sophos networking and security products, StorageCraft
- Office 365, VMWare, HyperV, Proxmox, KVM, and more
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
You are a computer- and technology-savvy person with the drive to proactively support our growing client base in the Fraser Valley, Lower Mainland and beyond. You have Microsoft Windows server and desktop experience and you are driven to achieve “guru” status by learning through constant challenges. You have the needed technical skill, the capacity to creatively solve problems and understand the big picture related to the needs of clients, and a commitment to KTI’s core values. This position is pivotal to our success as you will be on the front-line supporting our clients.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- A few years of Windows server administration experience (actually, this is a must)
- A couple of certifications from companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Sophos, A+/Network+
- Some Linux and MacOS, and basic command line experience as we also use and support these environments
- Scripting experience with Powershell
- 2-year technical diploma (CIS or CS)
This is a full-time position in our Chilliwack, B.C. office. You need to have a reliable vehicle and a valid BC driver's license. The salary range for the successful experienced, skilled, and knowledgeable candidate is between $60-$70K. We offer 3 weeks' vacation to start, an excellent extended health and dental plan and a flexible work environment.
To apply, send hr at kerkhofftech.ca a cover letter that includes a link to your LinkedIn profile, the word "Pepsi," and an explanation of why you believe you are a fit.