ActX, Inc., a leader in the cutting-edge field of genetics technology, is seeking a full-time System Admin / DevOps specialist with excellent Linux skills, programming and scripting talent, and the drive and ability to learn quickly. You will be a key player on our technology team building highly scalable, reliable systems running in a secure cloud. Full time position offers a competitive compensation package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401(k), pre-tax commuter plan, and stock options.
• Bachelors Degree in a related field, or comparable educational experience
• Significant Linux experience
• 2 years experience as a System Administrator, which includes maintaining and troubleshooting systems and networks, and managing a 24x7 web service infrastructure
• Automation experience in scripting languages (Bash / Python / Ruby )
• Demonstrated experience with configuration platforms, preferably Chef
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to "own" an issue and follow it through to resolution
• Positive attitude that fosters productivity in a team setting
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Availability to work extended hours and on-call support, as needed to maintain a 24x7 environment
• Lives in the greater Seattle area
• Experience with Amazon AWS or other cloud systems
• Experience with Development tools such as Git
Above all, we're looking for the right fit for our DevOps team! If you meet our criteria and you're looking for a great opportunity with an industry leader, email your cover letter and resume today.