Who We Are
The Pacific Northwest is a great place to call home. That's how we at Kitsap Credit Union have felt ever since we opened our doors in 1934 within the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Starting off as Navy Yard Metal Trades Credit Union, we've undergone a few name changes but our commitment to serving the community has never changed.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop software projects, apply software development best practices and engineering principles to deliver timely, high quality software products to internal and external clients.
Some of What You’ll Do
• Create software solutions and participate in all phases of the SDLC. Prepare and present information on the status of software projects to stakeholders and management. Assists in or perform PFM as necessary to support business needs.
• Design reusable, robust, and maintainable modular software components that can be developed by programmers and be utilized across multiple software solutions.
• Provide technical support on existing products as needed by credit union personnel and members.
• Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and to keep systems current with changing technologies.
• Gather key performance metrics and indicators for assigned projects and present them to management. Identify areas for improvement, and give recommendations based on the gathered data.
• Exercise security best practices to ensure both software and data security. Run security tests on new and existing software solutions. Immediately identify any security concerns and take steps to address them.
• Function as a liaison with third-party vendors and service providers. Conduct research to evaluate and recommend products for purchase and implementation.
• Responsible for development of new programs, analyze current programs and processes, and make recommendations, which yield a more cost effective product.
• Set priorities and mentor junior level developers/analysts.
• Lead and manage small teams to complete large software projects.
What You’ll Bring
• ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a closely related field such as Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, or any combination of education and experience.
• Eight to ten years of experience in application and web development. Experience in the utilization of an Agile Software Development Life Cycle methodology, including all phases of analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance. Excellent understanding of software engineering principles. Experience resolving technical issues, including analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Eight to ten years’ experience with working and integrating 3rd party API’s and web services.
• Working technical knowledge of RDBMS systems.
How You’ll Be Successful!
• Communication: You pride yourself on delivering clear, effective communications and possess active listening skills.
• Collaborative and Inclusive: Team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills, experience, across geographies and levels within the organization.
• Change agent and Innovator: You are comfortable with educating and influencing others through change and don’t shy away from challenging the status quo. You consider the needs of the customer, candidate & business to identify creative solutions that work for all.
• Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You focus on utilization of best practices.
• Effective enthusiasm: You exhibit persistence, confidence and a relentlessly positive mindset.
• Passion and Pride in your work: You have excellent storytelling skills to excite candidates about Kitsap Credit Union and ensure the consistency and quality of how KCU is represented externally via job postings, social media and recruitment events
• Analytical and Logical: You are able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information.
• Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
• Diverse perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into decisions affecting multiple sites.
What to Expect!
KCU offers a comprehensive total rewards package, as well as a fun, diverse, professional and creative work environment.
To apply, visit https://www.kitsapcu.org/aboutkcu-careers.html