SocialReport.com is looking for a talented Java web application developer to join its growing technical team. Ideal individual is an end-to-end developer, loves and is capable of both front end and back end work and with 5+ years of web application development experience. Intimate understanding of data modeling and design patterns is a must. Must have prior experience with relational and noSQL databases (with an understanding of why they exist and what problems they solve), caching and messaging frameworks. Expert level Java knowledge with detailed understanding of concurrency, IO, collections and algorithms. Ability to oversee production environment to conduct tasks such as server restarts and log monitoring are required as well.
This is a senior-level position with a lot of responsibility. In this role you'll design, code, and grow our backend services, the lifeblood of our product. We have a strong focus on scale, reliability, performance and product agility, and that means picking the right tool for the job, while being pragmatic and scrappy. We build services in Java using technologies like Mongo, Redis, ActiveMQ and MySQL.
• Be a major individual contributor of code
• Promote and nurture good team practices such as TDD, code reviews, and pair programming
• Own and share responsibility for strategically scaling our systems
• Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas and approaches
• Proactively mentor junior engineers
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or comparable knowledge of CS theory
• Minimum of 5 years of Java software development experience at scale
• Heavy SQL and NoSQL database experience (Mongo, MySQL)
• Strong applied knowledge of concurrency, I/O and distributed systems
• Experience with every stage of software development process: design, architecture, deployment, code reviews, maintenance, documentation, etc.
• Tomcat (or similar)
• Hibernate (or similar)
• Active MQ (or similar messaging services)
Experience with the following a plus:
• CSS (Bootstrap, Sass, Less, or similar)
• Agile Methodologies
Founded in 2010, Social Report was built on the idea that managing your social media should be both easy, organized and time-saving--without costing you an arm and a leg. Whether you are a small business just getting started, an agency managing a nicely-sized client portfolio, or a large enterprise looking to manage their social media on a reliable software, Social Report is proud to provide every social media management feature you could possibly need on a day-to-day basis, all on one, beautifully organized and incredibly powerful platform.
Our office is conveniently located just off the I-90 I-405 interchange in Bellevue, WA, 10 minutes from downtown Seattle.