The Business Application Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that mature, robust business solutions are being selected, developed, implemented and supported throughout various business units. This role will act collaboratively with various teams to ensure the integrity, compliance and availability of all data and applications are able to successfully support the company's information systems and business needs. Not only will the Business Application Analyst be involved in the selection, project scope and planning, implementation and testing of business systems, this role will also act as a critical part of the support team for core business solutions and function as second tier technical support to fix application and related system issues. This position reports to the Manager of Business Solutions and is exempt from overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implementing, testing and integrating new applications.
• Performing application development when required.
• Performing routine system upgrades.
• Providing instructions and training staff when necessary.
• Providing documentation to and coaching of 1st tier support staff.
• Monitoring, recording and responding to requests for escalated (tier2) support.
• Liaising with software vendors when new features or escalated support is required.
• Investigating and diagnosing system faults and errors.
• Resolving technical issues related to application functionality.
• Analyzing error trends aimed at reducing/minimizing down time.
• Identifying and developing functionality changes as required.
• Maintaining documentation of key databases and applications linked to them.
• Work closely with BI reporting team to meet business objectives.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skill and experience required:
• Possess the ability to interview various non-technical managers to understand complex, dynamic business rules/process and then create detailed, specific and comprehensive documentation.
• The ability to elicit information from technical resources to develop workable solutions for customers.
• Develop a deep understanding of client applications, customers and business processes within appointed business units.
• Establish positive working relationships with selected solution providers/vendors.
• Maintain and communicate a positive demeanor and outlook throughout system implementations and support cycles.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in business solutions.
• Ability to partner with software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
• Must be able to elicit information from technical resources to develop workable solutions for customers.
• Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
• Qualified candidate will possess a natural intellectual curiosity and the ability to question processes across functional areas.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
• Must be flexible and have ability to travel if needed.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
• This position is based in the Seattle, Washington office and will require prompt and reliable attendance into the office during core business hours as face time in the office is a key company value. During certain times of the year, and depending on project deadlines, this position will also require extended hours (mornings, evenings, occasional weekends, holidays, etc.) to meet business needs.
• Occasional travel to other business locations around the United States and internationally will be required.
Position open until filled; please apply online and submit resume at