This position provides coordination, support, monitoring, installation and best practices of IT systems companywide, including office environments, remote users, datacenters, and other computing resources. This is a mid-level position that requires a deep technical ability.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
• Strive to exhibit ER’s Valued Employee Attributes to support our company values and culture.
• Adhere to applicable policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT:
• Work towards objectives of Security availability and performance
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Clearly communicate problems with your team or to your manager
• Uphold and adhere to team policies, procedures and responsibilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Contributes to the daily operations of ER’s datacenters, Azure cloud operations, and office networked systems.
• Monitors daily system heath reports and create or modify as needed.
• Contributes to configuring and maintaining routers, firewalls, load balancers, switches, VPN systems, encryption certificates, and other related networking technology or appliances.
• Configures and maintains Windows and Unix web servers, file servers, domain controllers, databases, and any other server in the ER environment. Includes physical computers, virtual servers running on ER hardware, and Azure cloud servers.
• Applies security best practices and actively participates in the DoD auditing and security process.
• Performs system upgrades as directed such as Windows operating system and database server products.
• Monitor system backups in place and check they are functioning appropriately. Performs test restores of backups to verify the data was stored properly and is usable on restore. Supports continuous process improvement with the goal of making Emergency Reporting products and services as efficient and effective as possible.
• Travel to company datacenters as needed for installation and regular maintenance.
• In conjunction with others, contributes and maintains deployment scripts for code deployment to all environments.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Participates in assessment of new technologies as needed by the development team.
• Attends all hands meetings, company trainings, manager meetings, or other company events.
• Assists in office IT issues as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the IT Manger.
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years experience in Azure datacenter operations in a primary and standby environment for a software as a service company (SaaS)
• Responsible for design, development, and hands-on implementation of Azure cloud solutions
• Serve as an Azure technical resource in team’s efforts to determine the needs of our businesses that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient
• Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our Azure foundational footprint
• Experience administering/supporting Windows and Linux systems running in Azure
• Experience with Azure NSG and ASE
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure virtual network appliances
• Experience with PowerShell
• Experience with Active Directory including managing/maintaining several domains
• Log analysis experience with specific knowledge of Azure Log Analytics and App Insights a plus
• SQL Server experience in a SaaS production environment or other equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience with working with web applications technologies.
• Associates degree in computer science, information systems or other IT related field.
• Experience with security audits, such as DoD or PCI.
• Other combinations of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Azure Cloud Platform Certifications are a huge plus
• 2+ years of experience with network virtualization hypervisors and SDN, and ability to troubleshoot Azure cloud communication issues
• Goals- and results-oriented, with a passion for excellence.
• Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Organized and detail- and accuracy-oriented, including ability to effectively document and resolve issues.
• Able to learn and adapt to changing technologies and procedures.
• Able to document procedures and processes.
• Able to be a competent, effective, and collaborative team player.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Travel: Some travel may be required.
• Mobility: Work is performed in an office setting and requires sitting for long periods of time. Must be able to move throughout the office to interact with employees.
• Hearing: Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone, using collaboration tools, and in-person with background noise.
• Vision: Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.