Lead Developer/Manager - .Net/VSTO/SQL (WFH 3-Days per week)
eAlchemy is looking for you- a smart, curious, and motivated leader with extensive experience in the Microsoft stack (.Net/VSTO/SQL) to help us boost our clients to new heights. Projects that transform data into information at the fingertips of decision-makers excite you. And, you enjoy variety, as our projects are typically small to medium, generally lasting from a week to six months.
Your service mentality sets you apart with coworkers and business partners, and you enjoy helping people. You love the challenge of software development, but not as its own end- you're interested in the business challenges as much as the code because that's where you create real value. You have great skills and experiences and are comfortable sharing these with your peers. In fact, you want an opportunity to develop and nurture your own team of developers.
We typically use a front-end/back-end architecture that delivers critical information in various contexts- web, Power BI, Tableau, and Excel. Your experience should include managing reasonably large data sets in both the API and front-end layers.
We're based in Petaluma, CA, and it will be necessary for you to come to our office a minimum of 2 days/wk (currently Monday and Wednesday). Please make sure you're willing to make that commitment prior to applying. If you're an exceptional non-local developer, a relocation stipend is available (requires relocation within 20 miles of our Petaluma office).
We're looking for employees- recruiters and service companies need not apply.
Please don't email us. Instead, apply here. https://ealchemylabs.com/careers/
Desired Personal Characteristics
• Smart and Curious- You're smart, and more importantly, you're driven to understand how things work. You listen well because you want to understand the person and the problem better.
• Accountable- You feel personally responsible for the success of everything you're affiliated with- quality, timelines, and budgets. You own the success and failures because you're passionate about success today and into the future.
• Constructive- You're focused on positive outcomes for the team above all else. Ego takes a back seat. You project a positive energy and demonstrate awareness and concern for how you and the work you put forward is perceived.
• Resilient & Flexible- You're at ease in an ever-changing and ambiguous world, and comfortable admitting when you don't have the answer. Conversely, you're savvy enough to know when failure is an acceptable outcome of measured risks.
• Service-minded- You have an innate desire to help others. You want everyone around you to be better, work better, and enjoy more.
• Innovative- Innovation is driven by perceptiveness and creativity. Your curiosity, attention, and ability to cull masses of information enable you to see things that others don't- patterns, anomalies, and pitfalls. And, in really understanding the challenge at hand, you're able to apply creative solutions that address the real issue.
We're good people. To some, that doesn't matter much, but to us it's what matters most. It's the source of our growth- good people enjoy working with good people. We take our jobs, but not ourselves, seriously. We like to have fun, and we love helping other people solve their problems. Though we have high expectations and hire only great people, we're also fair, open, and honest. We'll accept nothing less from you! This isn't just lip-service, and every one of our employees will tell you so.
About Our Business
eAlchemy is a small, profitable technology consultancy in charming Petaluma, CA. Founded in 2009. We've seen tremendous growth, and we are hiring in anticipation of sustained growth into the foreseeable future. We generally work with medium and large businesses, including several Fortune 500 companies--some of the most recognized names in the Bay Area and beyond. Our customers span many industries (recruiting, retail clothing, and electronics), and we offer our expertise to help them use technology and data to solve problems and drive operational excellence.
Our team has a diverse set of technology skills, but our expertise is most evident in the practical application of them. Our core focus is building applications for business operations. We typically work with .NET, SQL Server, Excel/VBA, and various other technologies. As necessary, we utilize partnerships we've developed over the years to complement our own skill sets.
• 5 years minimum experience with .Net web development
• 3 years minimum experience with SQL and stored procedures
• Skills and/or experience to lead a team of developers
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Experience using VSTO is a plus
• VBA a plus
• Some familiarity with SSIS, SSAS, or SSRS
• A keen ability to understand business models and do root cause analysis on problems
• A willingness and ability to learn new concepts quickly
• You're a data magician--you love deriving business insights through thoughtful analysis of data sets
Our benefits include
• HSA (for qualifying plans)
• Paid time off (20 days/year for FT employees)
• Paid holidays (9 days/yr)
• Great work/life balance
• Flexible schedule
• Work from home 2-3 days/wk