For developers with passion for best software development practices, a solid background in C#, solid understanding and experience with the WPF library and strong programming fundamentals, this is an outstanding opportunity to join the industry leader in the metrology space.
As a Software Engineer C# - WPF, you will use your background, skills and experience working in an agile environment to develop functionality for software that controls precise measurement hardware. You will be involved in all stages of development, from architecture to testing and you will be the WPF go-to person of the team. You will be working with one of our scrum teams, as well as interacting with distributed teams across the globe. You will have the opportunity to work with smart, friendly and collaborative teammates whose passion for technology is demonstrated in everything they do. You will work out of our Kirkland, WA office, reporting to a Team Manager at that location. There may be occasional domestic and international business travel.
We are looking for a passionate engineer with WPF expertise who values and uses best software development practices and technology, is a team player, an innovative problem solver and has a strong desire to deliver quality software. If you have software development experience with C#/.NET, solid understanding and experience with the WPF library and MVVM pattern, solid programming fundamentals, strong desire to get things done and deliver business value, apply below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop software components in C#/.NET for a Windows-based metrology system, including collaboration in requirements definition, design, coding, and testing.
- Follow software engineering practices and design principles that are aligned with the global team
- Work effectively as a member of a local and global scrum teams
- Communicate effectively
- Serve as a technical resource to other engineers in the team
- Learn new technologies, development methodologies and tools
- Increase knowledge of metrology systems and concepts
BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong C#/.NET skills (minimum of 2 years of recent professional experience using C#)
- Ability and passion for developing maintainable software
- Ability to follow Clean Code development practices to deliver highly maintanable software products
- Solid understanding and experience with the WPF library and MVVM pattern
- Strong belief in agile software development practices
- Strong team player, accountable and dependable
- Strong problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and passion for learning and staying current within the field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong desire to get things done and deliver business value
- Experience with Microsoft Blend
- Experience with Telerik WPF Control Library
- Experience with software design and architecture patterns
- Experience using SOLID principles
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience refining user stories and producing accurate estimates
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience developing software that monitors or controls hardware devices
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Git
- Understanding of metrology and coordinate measuring machines
- Strong geometry skills
- User interface design skills
- Programming skills in C++
- Knowledge of Japanese or German business practices
- Knowledge of Japanese or German language
- Consistent attendance and performance
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner with co-workers
MEI offers a progressive, challenging, casual team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package, including matching 401k. To learn more about life at MEI, you can view a video about our company at https://www.microen.com/life-at-mei.
Please apply for this position at http://hiring.accolo.com/job.htm?id=465291821.
Micro Encoder Inc. (MEI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitutoyo Corporation, develops state of the art technologies and software that enhance people's lives through-world leading metrology solutions. Our products are used to ensure quality in the automotive, aerospace, electronics, semiconductor, medical equipment, and machine tool industries. We are located in the beautiful Northwest in a modern well-equipped facility, and offer a challenging, team-oriented & casual work environment. We provide great benefits. We work hard, play hard, enjoy life, and have fun.