Major technology company is seeking a .NET developer to develop and maintain code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Supports software project management and software supplier management functions. Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Troubleshoots software issues. Works under general supervision.
The candidate will provide hands-on development and technical advice to the team primarily in the areas of:
• Development of web-services, clients, and tools encapsulating 3rd party process modeling middle-tier libraries for communication with existing modeling services.
• Development of services and infrastructure for integrated Modeling Based System Engineering environment (MBSE), including interactions with requirements libraries, process modeling and discrete event modeling systems, operational reporting systems, and databases.
• Ease of Use, in particular synchronized systems and reduction of manual interaction to decision points.
• Cloud-native data analytics tools and solutions, again integrated into the MBSE environment..
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
• More than 4 years of experience in software development including development, architecture, and software design.
• More than 4 years of experience using programming applications in .NET using C# and/or Java
• Have the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences, and be able to quickly understand new technologies and come up with technology insertion plans
• Experience working in an Agile Software Development Methodology environment
• Experience working on the full-stack from front-end all the way to deployment and scaling.
• Experience with DevOps
• Experience in continuous integration and delivery
• SQL along with RDB experience
• Web or mobile application development experience.
• Strong software engineering knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
• Experience working with process and/or discrete event models
• Usage of statistical packages in R and/or python.
• Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment techniques and tools, deploying to cloud environments.Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer