APPLY HERE: https://friendsofyouth.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=117
SUMMARY: The Lead Case Manager provides comprehensive housing-focused case management to youth experiencing homelessness who are single, pregnant or parenting in the Transitional Living Program (TLP). The Lead Case Manager oversees the delivery of support services and temporary housing to young people moving towards self-sufficiency.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has a strong commitment to Trauma Informed Care with an anti-racist lens. People with lived experience are highly encouraged to apply for this role. You must have strong team work skills but be very comfortable working in isolation. We are looking for someone who can bring their positive energy and perspective into this program and work to create a true community with our residents. Your average workday could include: holding a newborn while a mom fills out a housing application, chatting with a resident about how to pick between finishing her GED and getting a job, listening to a resident who is extremely upset and having the skills to not take it personally, working with a resident to find them appropriate resources, talking with moms about the exhaustion of single parenting, ensuring a resident has access to condoms while she is doing sex work, laughing with a mom about a clogged toilet and then showing her how to use a plunger, sitting with a resident while she breaks down about a past or current trauma and then going to a meeting with your team to support each other in this difficult and rewarding work.
A. Education and Experience
1. Master's Degree in Social Work, or closely related field, preferred.
2. Experience working with young people experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
3. Experience serving youth from a strengths-based and trauma-informed approach.
4. Education or experience in anti-racist and equity work.
B. Additional Requirements
1. Must satisfactorily pass criminal history check (WAC 388-148-0035).
2. Must satisfactorily pass tuberculosis (TB) test.
3. Must successfully complete the following health certification requirements within 30 days of employment: CPR, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
4. Must have reliable transportation and a valid Washington State driver's license (or be able to obtain one by date of employment).
5. Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends of Youth vehicles on Friends of Youth business must have a safe driving record as defined by Friends of Youth. Employees and volunteers who operate their own vehicle(s) on Friends of Youth business must carry auto liability insurance that complies with the requirements of Friends of Youth.
For more information on job responsibilities and qualifications, please click on "Apply Here" link above.
BENEFITS: Friends of Youth provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan and matching, vacation leave, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT FRIENDS OF YOUTH:
Founded in 1951, Friends of Youth provides a comprehensive range of shelter, housing, counseling and prevention services for youth and young adults and their families in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. Friends of Youth is the primary provider of services for homeless youth and young adults in East King County. Services include street outreach, emergency shelter, transitional living programs, supported permanent housing, employment and mental health support. To learn more about Friends of Youth, please visit our website at www.friendsofyouth.org