Affirma is an award-winning software services consulting company, ranked in Seattle Business “100 Best Companies to Work For” is looking for a NOC Manager to join a public safety solutions client of ours in Belltown! If you can see the big picture and get excited about developing and maintaining applications that support public safety and 9-1-1 systems then please, read on!
In this role, the Manager of Network Operations Center (NOC) Tier 1 will lead teams of Network Analysts, Technical Support Specialists and Supervisors to fulfill the customer Service Level Agreements (SLA) and the regulatory compliance requirements at the Federal, State and local jurisdiction levels. Your teams are responsible for quickly detecting, analyzing, isolating and resolving fault conditions in the production environment on a 24X7 basis and ensuring all issues reported to the NOC are evaluated and responded to according to the customer SLAs, Comtech policies and applicable regulatory requirements.
The Senior Manager is also expected to represent the NOC in various pre-deployment functions of a product life cycle, from responses to RFPs to the final production deployment of a product, with the objective of ensuring the needs of NOC Tier 1 production support, such as training, documentation and additional staffing, are being met prior to the production Go-Live.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Network Operations Center Tier 1 monitoring and tech support at multiple locations.
• Lead teams of Network Analysts, Technical Support Specialists and Supervisors in detecting, analyzing, isolating, and resolving fault conditions in the production environment.
• Ensure that process and procedures are being followed within the Incident Management Plan.
• Ensure outage notifications are being sent to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders according to the SLAs
• Attending customer-facing meetings when necessary
• Preparing the annual budget
• Provide guidance to the Director of NOC Services and senior management of SST on the roadmap of planning and staffing of NOC Tier 1 to meet the growing business demands.
• Addressing internal and external escalations
• Interfacing with external and internal stakeholders
• Securing equipment
• Supporting management on call rotation and assisting the Director of NOC Services to accomplish organizational goals.
• Ensure FCC reports are being filed for qualified outage or impairment events
• Stay current with new product offerings and industry trends
• Ensure timely resolution to trouble tickets.
• Ensure timely follow up with customers.
• Assist in writing and delivery of Root Cause Analyses when required.
• Provide support to the Tier II and Tier III technical support groups for quick resolutions to production issues.
• Provide support to Change Management events
• Interface with Engineering and Development management to improve network health and performance.
• Assist in the creation, documentation and implementation of network monitoring procedures, troubleshooting guide and process improvements.
• Manage projects and delegate tasks.
• Attend appropriate training courses.
• Manage people including:
o Establish and refine roles and responsibilities for the Network Analysts, Technical Support Specialists and Supervisors.
o Complete annual review with every direct report
o Provide mentorship and coaching
o Periodically review skill set requirements and identify training needs.
o Establish a baseline for new hires.
o Handle administrative responsibilities such as scheduling, time sheets and approving vacation requests, etc.
• Minimum of 5-10 years management experience within a Network Operations environment or similar environment required.
• Strong oral and written communications skills required
• Prior experience in people management required
• Strong interpersonal skills required
• Experience in technologies such as Next Generation 911, Text-to-911, Wireless and VoIP E911 strongly preferred
• Experience in FCC outage reporting compliance preferred
• Experience in the areas of public safety preferred.
• ITIL/ITSM certification a plus
• TL9000/ISO9001 knowledge/experience preferred
• Hands on experience with a variety of networking protocols, including SS7, TCP/IP, multicast, ethernet and frame relay preferred
• Hands on experience with Microsoft Suite of products and UNIX experience preferred
• Hands on experience with Remedy and HP OpenView preferred
• BA/BS degree required
Sound like a fit? Head to https://www.affirmaconsulting.com/jobs/ and apply using the job opening ID # 848!