Affirma, ranked one of the "Top 5 Best Mid-Size Companies to Work For" is looking for a motivated, driven, and results oriented Systems Engineer to join a public safety solutions client of ours in Belltown! Affirma is a company built around customer satisfaction and it shows! We are dedicated to delivering dependable and reliable solutions that exceed our client expectations, and we like to have fun doing it!
If can see the big picture, and get excited about building, maintaining and troubleshooting emergency 9-1-1 (E911) systems solutions and crave an opportunity to work with the best and brightest engineers, in an environment that is rewarding and collaborative, then please read on!
• Working in a fast-paced environment with a team of highly skilled UNIX (Solaris and Linux) systems engineers to design
• Building, deploying, and supporting hardware and operating system infrastructure, SAN, backups and disaster recovery for applications that require 99.999% availability
• Working with vendors and research, evaluate, test and recommend hardware and supporting software components within the OS specialty area
• You will be responsible for capacity planning, performance management, security management and fault management of production systems.
• Provide Tier III support for system hardware and OS related issues.
• 3+ years’ professional experience administering RHEL based systems
• 1+ years' professional experience with VMWare
• 2+ years’ professional experience working in heterogeneous system environment
• Experience building and maintaining in-house Private Cloud.
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP networking principles
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Salt or Chef
• Programming or strong scripting with python, perl, or shell scripting
• Proven history of analyzing situations and employing creative solutions with a structured approach
• Ability to document and diagram technical systems and architectures
• Ability to provide consistent leadership in a way that emphasizes total cooperation and mutual respect
• Willing to work on-call as necessary
• B.A. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, related field or comparable work experience.
• Experience administering Solaris
• Experience with SAN storage solutions
• Experience administering Microsoft Windows server OS
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Familiar with basic system backup methodology
Interested in this role? Head to https://www.affirmaconsulting.com/jobs/ and submit your application today using the job opening ID #833!