Affirma, ranked one of the "Top 5 Best Mid-Size Companies to Work For" is looking for a driven Senior Network Security Engineer to join an aerospace and electronics client of ours in Lynnwood!
The Senior Network Security Engineer works directly with internal teams to determine and implement application/network security requirements, designs and maintains network security infrastructure, and responds to security incidents.
• Working with internal customers to interpret/clarify/implement change requests on security devices; primarily firewalls, IDS/IPS and WAF (Web Application Firewalls)
• Troubleshooting security related issues: firewalls, IDS/IPS, segmented network infrastructure, multiple security zones, etc.
• Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
• Maintaining good working knowledge of VPN technologies and security protocols like IPsec, ISAKMP, SSL, PKI, RADIUS, TACACS, EAP, LDAP etc.
• Design and implement micro-segmentation networks
• Working with internal teams to determine WAF requirements; helps implement and troubleshoot policies
• Work with BGP, and OSPF routing protocols.
• Work with Juniper EX, QFX Series Switches.
• Work with F5 Virtual Edition (VE) and Citrix NetScaler Load Balancers.
• Implement and maintain 802.1x wired and wireless infrastructure
• Research and evaluate network security products, and services.
• Maintain Palo Alto Panorama
• Maintain Cisco ISE
• Working on a shared ticket queue
• Create and maintain network security documentation
• Evaluating and recommending solutions for short and long-term network capacity needs
• Travel is required
• 6+ years of network security experience
• B.S. in Computer Science or similar degree; or 5 to 8 years’ experience in a senior network security role
• Deep understanding of Palo Alto firewall platforms
• Strong understanding of common network protocols: UDP/TCP, DNS, SSL, TLS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SSH, etc.
• Continually learning; willing to learn new technologies, processes and skills
• Ability to configure/troubleshoot intermediate features on switches and routers
• Able to automate, or learn how to automate, common tasks and/or gather statistics in a programmatic way
• Stays abreast of industry trends, protocols and updates in the network and security fields
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates appropriate judgement and discretion
• Possesses strong professional and work ethics
• Demonstrates ownership, is a self-starter, and is motivated to get things done
• One or more vendor certifications for enterprise-level security platforms such as but not limited to CCNA, CCNP or CCIE in Security
Does this job sound like a fit? Head over to https://www.affirmaconsulting.com/jobs/ and submit your application using the job opening ID #825!