Help Desk Associate - Theatre
5th Avenue Theater Employment Opportunity
Help Desk Associate
The 5th Avenue Theatre has an excellent opportunity for a Help Desk Associate. If you are skilled in the functions listed below, and would enjoy working with others in the exciting world of musical theater, this is the job for you! We are looking for candidates who demonstrate outstanding skills that meet or exceed the requirements in this job posting, excellent technical abilities including attention to detail; and who is a team player, enthusiastic, articulate and has an interest in the arts.
Interested applicants should apply promptly.
The Help Desk Associate provides first-level desktop support for both PC and Macintosh users in a Windows Server environment. This entails supporting software applications, workstation hardware, printers, phone endpoints, and troubleshooting basic network connectivity issues.
Essential Functions Include:
• Troubleshoot Windows 7, Windows 10, and OS X operating system issues.
• Support Microsoft Office 2007 and 2016, Microsoft Office 2011 and 2016 for Mac.
• Configure new workstations, and wipe and restore existing workstations as needed.
• Create new user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange.
• Install workstation software and updates.
• Assist staff with configuring mobile devices to receive Exchange email and connect to local guest wireless network.
• Install internal workstation hardware components such as hard drives and memory.
• Inventory new equipment, and update hardware and software inventory databases.
• Lift and move equipment up to 50 lbs., such as computers, printers, and monitors, and clean equipment when necessary.
• Maintain storage of equipment, software, and supplies, and inform manager when new supplies needed.
• Perform password resets upon request.
• Work in tandem with the IT Director and Systems Administrator to help maintain an efficient helpdesk, and assist with occasional projects.
• Escalate issues when necessary.
• Manage the SpiceWorks helpdesk ticketing system.
• Ensure workstations and laptops are regularly updated and have current antivirus software.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac OS X end users in a networked environment. At least 2 years’ job-related experience preferred.
• Ability to troubleshoot both PC and Mac workstation hardware, including the replacement of internal hardware components.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite for both Mac’s and PC’s.
• Skill in troubleshooting basic networking issues, including wireless issues.
• Basic understanding of Active Directory terminology and concepts.
• Skill in following an efficient and logical troubleshooting path when faced with a problem, and motivation to research and seek out solutions using a variety of resources.
General Job Requirements:
• College-level IT coursework and at least 2 years’ job-related experience preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with the pressures of multiple tasks and deadlines in a positive manner.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Demonstrated abilities in “people skills,” including building trust and rapport in business relationships with diverse individuals, and demonstrating listening skills, poise, and tact.
• Demonstrated regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
• After-hours and weekend helpdesk coverage may be required at times.
• The candidate must be able to complete a background check. We will do the background checks for applicants at the finalist stage prior to hire.
This position reports to the Systems Administrator.
Compensation is DOQ. In addition, The 5th Avenue Theatre provides a full array of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and attractive benefits package, including 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental and vision plans. The 5th Avenue Theatre values its employees by providing comprehensive, high-quality benefits, and strives to provide access to industry-leading health care coverage.
The primary work location is the administrative offices for The 5th Avenue Theater, located in the Skinner Building at 1326 5th Avenue, in downtown Seattle.
To apply, please email a cover letter that explains your qualifications for the position, along with a chronological resume, as a response to this posting. OR see the job posting and application directions there at https://www.5thavenue.org/about/jobs/current-openings#help-desk-associate
This job will remain open until filled. Please apply promptly.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
The 5th Avenue Theater – A Great Place to Work
Show after show, season after season, The 5th Avenue Theatre wows audiences with original Broadway-caliber musicals that win raving fans, ovations, and awards.
We celebrate the great American musical in all its forms. We bring new life and insight to beloved classics. We create tomorrow's must-see musicals, including contemporary musicals that go on to become Tony-award-winning Broadway productions. And because we're a nonprofit theater company with a nationally acclaimed program to develop new musicals, we have the artistic freedom to be an incubator for original productions that expand the repertoire.
As the largest performing arts employer in the Pacific Northwest, we're proud to contribute to the cultural and economic vitality of our hometown. In our commitment to make great musicals accessible to all, we bring diverse audiences to our landmark theater and we take the magic of "The 5th to communities across the state. Our theater family is united by something larger than ourselves: to spread the joy of musicals and see the love for them catch fire in the hearts and imaginations of today's audiences. And tomorrow's.
For more information about The 5th Avenue Theatre, its season and its programs, please visit www.5thavenue.org.
The 5th Avenue Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.