RedZone Software is actively seeking an innovative Software Engineer to join our team in Boulder, Colorado. A successful candidate will help test, create and maintain solutions as part of RedZone’s real-time geospatial monitoring system for identifying, tracking, and managing natural disasters.
Your work will contribute to public safety, improve emergency response and ultimately save lives and property. We are looking for intelligence, initiative and dedication. In return, we can offer a supportive environment, a flexible schedule, a wide range of technical opportunities and a chance to be a part of something special.
Applicants will need to demonstrate fit with RedZone’s core values including:
- Be an “Instinctive Technologist”
- Be absolutely reliable
- Have a can-do attitude
- Serve the greater good
- Love process
- Seek continuous improvement
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of RedZone's complex, real-time geospatial applications.
- Participate with colleagues in collaborative design and implementation strategies.
- Assist RedZone developers with new feature development and bug fixes.
- Write clean and maintainable code.
- Take ownership of QA and software testing including the development of automated tests.
- Maintain documentation and organization of company resources.
- Experience with front-end frameworks, including React.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL in particular)
- Experience with at least 1 other programming language (Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Comfortable working within a small, interactive team of developers.
- Excellent communication, reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience creating and executing software tests (Jest/Enzyme)
- GIS (Leaflet, MapboxGL, or OpenLayers)
- Continuous Integration
RedZone Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. RedZone does not accept solicitations from recruiters or employment agencies. Candidates must be able to work from our Boulder office.
Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you are excited about working at RedZone Software. Calls will not be accepted. Suitable candidates will be contacted via email or phone to schedule an interview.